“Whatever you write about me, please don’t make it sad.”
Got if from facebook!
I will always love being a 90’s kid.
1. You were convinced your Furby would kill you while you slept
2. you think Mr. Feeney would be the best teacher ever
3. Are You Afraid of the Dark? still gives you nightmares
4. Teletubbies still creep you out
5. you think Pluto is a planet
6. you can successfully insert the Capri Sun straw on the first try
7. you learned how to use your computer before your parents did
8. you came close to administering a lethal dose of cootie shots
9. you were surprised when Lance Bass came out of the closet
10. you say Hakuna Matata to relieve stress
11. the graphics in Toy Story are still amazing
12. Harry Potter was the first book you enjoyed reading
13. you’re still jealous of Matilda’s powers
14. you wish Jumanji was a real game
15. you still think your way out of Yoshi Valley in Mario Kart 64 was the fastest
16. you refuse to believe yo-yos were popular when your parents went to school
17. Austin Powers is a better spy than James Bond
18. your parents thought South Park was a shitty influence
19. the only boxing worth watching involves the biting off of ears
20. you still hate Angelica Pickles (i loved her)
21. Free Willy still makes you cry
22. you learned how to spell from a VTech
23. you know every word to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
24. your parents still won’t buy you Lunchables
25. you use the Clinton definition of “sexual relations”
26. your scary story is a rip off of Goosebumps
27. the fact that the black Power Ranger was African-American and the yellow one was Chinese doesn’t bother you
28. you still wonder why anybody would want to be called Scary Spice
29. your Tamagotchi is still alive
30. roller skates suck and roller blades are awesome
31. you still “rewind” movies instead of “fast-backward”
32. you still want to go to Jurassic Park even after seeing the movie
33. the end of Men In Black still makes you wonder
35. you wish the Magic School Bus was real
36. the ending to the Sixth Sense still surprises you
37. You remember when Kurt Cobain, Tu Pac, River Phoenix, Selena, and John Lennon died.
38. You know that “How Rude!” comes from Stephanie from “Full House”
39. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early
40. on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
41. You remember reading “Goosebumps”
42. You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
43. You danced to “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls, Females: had a new motto, Males: got a whole lot gay-er
44. You still get the urge to say “NOT” after (almost) every sentence
45. You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together
46. You remember when super nintendo’s became popular.
47. Two words… Trapper Keeper.
48. You never got injured on a Slip ‘n’ Slide
49. “Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back” SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS PHANTS PHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE THE FENCE THE FENCE
he jumped so high high high he touched the sky sky sky and he didnt come back back back til the forth of july ly ly he jumped so low ow ow he stubbed his toe toe toe and thats the end end end of the elephants show show show
50. You remember boom boxes vs. cd players
51. You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere
52. You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles
53. NANCY DREW AND THE HARDY BOYS WERE THE BEST MYSTERY BOOKS
54. Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff!
55. All your school supplies were “Lisa Frank” brand
56. You remember a time before the WB.
57. You know the Macarena by heart.
58. “Talk to the hand” … enough said
59. You thought Brain woud finally take over the world
60. You always said, “Then why don’t you marry it!”
61. You remember when everyone went slinky crazy.
62. You remember when razor scooters were cool.
When we were younger: Before the MySpace frenzy…Before the Internet & text messaging…Before Sidekicks & iPods…Before MIKE JONES…Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX…… Way back.
1. When light up sneakers were cool
2. When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.
3. When we recorded stuff on VCRs & paid $3.50 for a movie.
4. When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.
5. When 2Pac and Biggie were alive.
7. Hide-n-Go Seek at dusk.
8. Red Light, Green Light.
9. Heads Up 7 Up.
10. Playing Kickball & Dodgeball until your porch light came on
13. Tree Houses.
14. Hula Hoops.
15. HELLO….HOT WHEELS!!!!!
16. The annoying Giga Pets & Furbies.
17. Running through the sprinklers.
18. That “Little Mermaid” 32. Nick Arcade.
34. Pinky and the Brain
35. Sailor Moon.
36. Beavis & Butt-Head
38. Who could forget Snick? & Nick @ Nite with Bewitched, I Dream of Jenie, The Facts of Life, I Love Lucy and TGIF.
39. Nick Jr. with Face
40. Busy Town
42. Kool-Aid was the drink of choice.
43. Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school.
44. Class field trips.
45. When Christmas was the most exciting time of year.
46. When $5 seemed like a million, & another dollar a miracle.
47. When you begged to go to McDonalds for dinner everyday.
48. When Toys R Us overruled the mall.
49. Decisions were made by going ‘eeny-meeny-miney-moe’.
50. Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming ‘do over!’
51. Money issues were handled by whoever was banker in ‘Monopoly.’
52. It wasn’t odd to have two or three ‘best’ friends.
53. Being old referred to anyone over 20.
54. Scrapes & bruises were kissed & made better.
55. It was a big deal to finally be tall enought to ride the ‘big people’ rides at the fair. (but when I was tall enough I didn’t want to ride on them anymore XD)
56. When playing Nintendo was the hardest thing ever.
57. When Ninja Turtles ruled the world.
58. When Aladdin was new, before the trilogy was complete.
19. Crying when Mufasa died in the Lion King.
20. Happy Meals where you chose a Barbie or a Hot Wheels car.
21. Getting the privelage to sit in the front seat of the car.
22. CAPRI SUN
23. Watching Saturday Morning Cartoons in your PJ’s still wrapped up in your TMNT, Power Rangers, Barbie, Fairy Princess comforter.
24. The original Power Rangers
25. Hey Arnold.
27. Rocco’s Modern Life.
28. AAAHH!! REAL MONSTERS.
29. Are You Afraid of the Dark?
30. Kenan & Kel.
In fact I’m just a Wannabe 90s-kid, since I was born in the mid-90s… But the first half of the 2000s was still pretty “90s” (at least here where I live) and I was crazy about the 90s when I was younger… And the thought of that if I would be only one year younger than I am I probably wouldn’t remember anything I loved in the 90s freaks me out.
Ticket To Ride
Twist and Shout.
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Long and Winding Road
I am the Walrus
the long and winding road
I Am the Walrus
Strawberry Fields Forever
Solange - “Sandcastle Disco”
En Vogue - Love Won’t Take Me Out
The Box Tops - “The Letter”
Michael Jackson feat. Paul McCartney - Say, Say, Say
En Vogue - “Strange”
SWV - Right Here
Mary J. Blige - “We Ride”
Brick and Lace - “Love is Wicked”
SWV - “Rain”
Blaque - “Bring it All To Me”
En Vogue - “Right Direction”
SWV - “Can We”
Aaliyah - “Are You Ready”
En Vogue - “Give it Up, Turn it Loose”
Gwen Stefani - “Danger Zone”
Faith Evans - “All Night Long”
XScape - “Who Can I Run To”
Amerie - “Some Like it”
Mary J. Blige - “My Love”
The Beatles - “A Hard Day’s Night”
En Vogue - “Beat Of Love”
Aaliyah - “More Than A Woman”
Amerie feat. Trey Songz - “Pretty Brown”
The Bangles - “Manic Monday”
Madonna - “Secret”
I’m a sucker for these things.
WTF, my silly MP3-Player seems to have ignored all the great 1920s-Songs I have -.-
Just wondering. Everyone says it was amazing.
I haven’t either. I’m kinda curious now though lol.
I haven’t seen it and am stubbornly refusing to. Doesn’t interest me in the slightest and I have no desire to be made ill! :D
Ditto - doesn’t interest me at all and I’ve never heard anyone praising something else than the CGI.