The Evolution of Joan Crawford: 1912 to 1936
(Each row, going left to right)
1912: Joan Crawford is a chubby 6-year-old christened Lucille Le Sueur but known as Billie Cassin.
1915: At 9 she has corkscrews. Her Mother, divorced from her father, is married to a Mr. Cassin.
1918: She spends this year at a convent school in Kansas City. Joan is the tall girl in the rear.
1923: This is how she looks when she enters Stephens College at Columbia, Mo, stays six months.
1924: As Lucille Le Sueur she gets work in a New York chorus. This is her earliest publicity picture.
1925: Plumper now, she goes to Hollywood, spends her first year posing for MGM publicity like this.
1926: She becomes the “Charleston Queen,” wins many cups in dancing contests, loses many pounds.
1927: Playing opposite Francis X. Bushman in The Understanding Heart, she “registers suspicion,”.
1928: She poses for a publicity picture illustrating “the latest place to keep your powder and lipstick.”
1928: She reaches stardom as ideal Jazz Age girl. She is fondling the chin of Johnny Mack Brown.
1929: This is how she looks to her artistic first husband Douglas Fairbanks Jr., before the marriage.
1929: She marries Douglas Fairbanks Jr, to the delight of her fans and has her hand and footprints in cement at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, Hollywood.
1931: She turns blond for This Modern Age, but her fans disapprove and she goes back to brunette.
1933: She divorces Fairbanks, charging him with mental cruelty.
1936: Who should turn up but her wavy-haired brother, Hal Le Sueur, to work in movies as a bit player.
- ozamataz-buckshank reblogged this from solo-vintage
- pickurselfup likes this
- adorabelledearheart reblogged this from classichollywood
- somethingslim reblogged this from east-side-story
- alicedearest likes this
- beauvelvet likes this
- kitties-and-coffee reblogged this from classichollywood
- aggiephile likes this
- helenstone likes this
- notforvanity reblogged this from rosemarytrumpets
- marycbrown likes this
- geeohrgeeah reblogged this from ladysnowblood
- rosemarytrumpets reblogged this from classichollywood
- hollywoodparty likes this
- ladysnowblood reblogged this from classichollywood
- theloudestvoice likes this
- marthaivers likes this
- jollymacabre likes this
- jaderzdapirate likes this
- jaderzdapirate reblogged this from classichollywood
- classichollywood reblogged this from solo-vintage
- classichollywood likes this
- sinfullmhayee likes this
- east-side-story reblogged this from madam-crawford
- east-side-story likes this
- castielscoattails reblogged this from harlow-jean
- madam-crawford reblogged this from harlow-jean
- petkinsella reblogged this from cactusfishb0n3
- petkinsella likes this
- cactusfishb0n3 reblogged this from solo-vintage
- pinupp likes this
- solo-vintage reblogged this from harlow-jean
- harlow-jean likes this
- billie-a-jojo likes this
- ummagumming likes this
- grandhotels likes this
- ojanekimpson likes this
- liketheoldtimes reblogged this from gregorypecks
- misscarousel reblogged this from gregorypecks
- blossomdeariesfringe reblogged this from gregorypecks
- farleysgranger likes this
- kindredspirits39 reblogged this from gregorypecks
- she-dances-alone likes this
- kindredspirits39 likes this
- thee-beees-kneees reblogged this from gregorypecks
- gregorypecks posted this